Are you on the lookout for a quick, simple, 2-3 ingredient healthy but delicious snack? Well, look no further! We have created a chia seed pudding recipe that features the delicious taste and nourishing nutrition of vegan Twrl Milk Tea.
With a growing teenager who is a competitive athlete, I’m always on the lookout for healthy, high in protein snacks that taste good.
This recipe checks all those requirements with an added benefit of a little bit of caffeine for a quick pick me up in the morning or in the afternoon which is great especially right before a game or practice.
This plant-based snack that will leave you feeling satisfied, satiated and so energized for the rest of your day!
Did you know that chia seeds are:
- High in fiber – good for diabetes for blood sugar control, cholesterol levels and gut health
- High in protein – good for building lean muscles
- Contains healthy fats – good for in-between meal cravings and taper your appetite until your next meal
This chia pudding can be made with any of our milk tea flavors: Original Black Milk Tea, Supreme Jasmine Milk Tea or Hojicha Roasted Green Milk Tea! Can't decide what flavor to use? Get our Sampler Pack!
Twrl Milk Tea Chia Pudding Recipe
1 can of Twrl Milk Tea
4 tablespoons chia seeds
Honey to taste (optional)
- Optional toppings
- Scoop chia seeds into a mason jar. You can play with the chia seed and liquid ratio, generally 2 tablespoons of chia for every half cup of our premium plant-based Twrl Milk Tea, to find the consistency you like. 2 tablespoons of chia seeds is only 130 calories and contains 11g Fiber, 4g Protein, 9g Fat (5g are the good Omega-3s). We used Hojicha Roasted Green tea which has a slight chocolatey taste that pairs well with the chia seeds.
- Add any fun additional toppings! I like adding a little bit of local honey because taking 1 teaspoon of local, unpasteurized honey once a day, can help with seasonal allergies as there is belief that you are ingesting the local pollen. Over time, you can increase the honey intake to continue building your allergy immunity. My go to choice is @Baybee, Bay Area Honey which has beautiful packaging. Other topping ideas include seasonal fruit, dried fruit, sliced almonds or chocolate chips to change up the chia pudding flavors. In this recipe, we included organic blueberries from Andronico’s.
- Mix the chia seeds thoroughly to ensure that the chia seeds do not clump together.
- After mixing, let the seeds settle for a few minutes and mix again. Once mixed, place in the refrigerator. The chia pudding will be ready in a few hours or overnight and can last up to 7 days.
Our plant-based Twrl Milk Tea Chia Pudding has a pudding-like texture, amazing flavor that you can add any topping to for fun variations. They are addicting. Luckily, super easy to make and can keep in the fridge for a few days.