We are SO excited about our latest Twrl Milk Tea recipe by a super talented pastry chef, Keven at DKMV Pastries. He has created a Vegan Milk Tea Flan Tart that tastes as good as it looks. This milk tea flan can be made with any of our milk tea flavors: Original Black Milk Tea, Supreme Jasmine Milk Tea or Hojicha Roasted Green Milk Tea. Can't decide what flavor milk tea flan to make? Get our Sampler Pack! Check out the recipe below and try it for yourself!
Twrl Milk Tea Vegan Flan Tart Recipe
200g All Purpose Flour
100g Vegan Butter
2 - 3 Tablespoon Cold Water
948g Twrl Milk Tea (Any flavor)
4g Agar Agar Powder
100g Vegan Butter
26g Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the vegan butter into similar size cubes and place to the side. Add flour, sugar, and salt into Kitchen Aid Mixer. As the drys are mixing, slowly add butter until they are the size of peas. If you don’t have a mixer, place drys and butter into a mixing bowl and break up the butter with your fingers. Add the water until the dough comes together.
- Cover the dough with plastic and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a lightly dusted surface with flour or in between two parchment paper.
- Place rolled out dough over a 9 inch tart tin. Gently push the dough into the pan. Remove any excess dough. Place the crust in the freezer.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the flan mixture into a bowl.
- Pour Twrl Milk Tea into a sauce pan and whisk all the dry ingredients. Whisk until the dry ingredients has dissolved.
- Turn the stove on to a medium heat and continuously stir. Mixture will slowly thicken. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a soft boil.
- Once the mixture has come to a soft boil. Turn off heat and add vegan butter and vanilla extract.
- Once everything is mixed, take out the crust from the freezer. Pour mixture into the crust.
- Place the flan tart into the over for 50 minutes.
- When you check the flan, it will jiggle a little bit. It may seem the flan is not done but it will set when it cools down.
- Take the flan out of the oven and cool for at least 1 hour
- Cover the flan and place it in the fridge to chill overnight
Love milk tea flavored-anything?! Join the Twrler Innovation Program!
We are foodies ourselves and would love to see what YOU can create with Twrl! If you love cooking or baking and would like to create a recipe with Twrl Milk Tea, would love to invite you to join our Twrler Innovation Program! It's a place for innovators, creators and foodies such as yourself. The program comes with a Sampler Pack of Twrl so you can innovate and enjoy some delicious milk tea for yourself!
Our program is by invitation only. To join our program:
Sign up here if you have friends or colleagues interested in applying, please send them this link and include your name as a referral.
- Email us at email@example.com subject “Twrler” and tell us when you want to get started and what months are you interested in creating for.
We are super excited to taste your milk tea creations whether it be sweet or savory — the sky's the limit. It can be anything from a cake, muffin, ice cream or cream puff … surprise us! We can’t wait to see your Twrl creation and for you to be our guest blogger. Feel free to experiment with vegan only recipes as well. Twrl is plant-based and dairy free, and a great alternative for those with allergies. Happy 'twrling!