If you like boba, you might want to try Taro Sago Dessert Soup! Taro is a starchy, mildly sweet and nutty root vegetable kind of like a sweet potato. Sago pearls are made from an edible starch like tapioca pearls and can even be used in place of them in some recipes.
One of my favorite desserts growing up, Taro Sago Dessert Soup is cozy and comforting–a perfect treat for cold wintry weather. I was inspired to make it after reading @thewoksoflife Taro Sago Dessert Soup recipe. Of course, I had to put my own "Twrl" on it by simplifying the recipe (busy mom) and adding in some Jelly Boba.
Turned out so delicious
- 7 cups water
- 1/2 cup sago
- 2 pounds taro
- 50 g sugar
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk (1 can)
1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Stir in sago. Cook for 20 mins or till translucent.
2. Cut taro into 1-inch pieces.
3. Cover taro with water and cook for 20 min or till softened.
4. Smash the taro into pieces and strain.
5. Pour in coconut milk, add sugar, and mix while cooking
6. Once ready, turn off the stove. Scoop into small bowls and add in jelly boba!
#recipes #twrlmilktea #boba #jelly #taro #coconut #desserts #favorite #childhood #inspired #twist #plantbased #memories