Boba + Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Looking for a not too sweet yet addicting and delicious banana bread? Boba + Chocolate Chip + Banana combo is the recipe for you.
I love bananas but sometimes I’m faced with ones that are beyond eating. Just too mushy. This is a recipe for those mushy bananas. In fact, the riper the bananas the better this bread. See the photo of my bananas - the peels are black not yellow!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (if you like things sweet use more)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (4 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.7 ounces mini bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 packets; each packet 50g Twrl Brown Sugar Boba (depending on how many boba you want!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut open 2 packets of Brown Sugar Bowl and put into stovetop pan with water. Heat for 45 secs. Alternatively, microwave in glass bowl for 45 sec. (I like the boba not too soft so depends on strength of your microwaves or stove). Let the boba cool while you mix other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down bowl as needed.
- Beat in bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture and chocolate on medium. Mix in boba. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Leave a comment